|October 30, 2013 - December 31, 2013|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Salary Range:||$9 per hour|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||If you are interested in inspiring hope through service and providing individuals and families with the tools to improve their quality of life, than Volunteers of America is the place for you!|
Under direct supervision, the Case Aide will assist in the supervision of all resident activities in compliance to the house rules; perform assigned tasks such as, but not limited to: cleaning, food preparation, medication administration, and maintaining accurate logs and documentation of facility and resident case files. The Case Aide will be responsible for answering multiple phone lines and gathering information from callers. The Case Aide will also be responsible for gathering information, data entry and providing appropriate referrals and/or necessary services as needed to in-house residents as well as callers.
This is a part-time position: Wednesdays and Thursdays midnight-8:00 am and Saturdays pm shift
|Duties:||1. Maintain safety, security and cleanliness standards as outlined by Volunteers of Americaís policies and procedures.|
2. Perform hourly visual observations of all residents to ensure their safety and well being and document hourly in log book.
3. Intercept and screen incoming calls. Take accurate telephone messages to include name of person calling, date, time and purpose of telephone call.
4. Distribute medication (prescription or PRNís) as directed and chart in daily medication log book as given.
5. Maintain offices and common areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
6. Monitor and document residents doing limited facility chores, as outlined in their appraisal needs and assessment plans.
7. Monitor and document residents for appropriate hygiene practices, behavior and document nightly.
8. Prepare and serve meals and snacks, and follow-up with the cleaning of the kitchen and dining room areas to include washing dishes and emptying trash.
9. Report and record any unusual incidents immediately regarding resident behavior, filling out incident reports when necessary and making written note of it in the residentís progress notes.
10. May be responsible for preparation of sandwiches for following dayís resident lunches at specific assigned and designated time. Prepare breakfast for all residents and clean kitchen and dining room.
11. May serve snack to all residents at 8:00 p.m. nightly.
12. Assist with house meetings, resident activities/groups as needed.
13. Assist with transportation of residents, as needed.
14. Assist with facility laundry as needed.
15. Assist with the deep cleaning of kitchen appliances (to include, but not limited to the refrigerator, stove, oven, freezers, and vent).
16. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor or Director.
|Qualifications:||1. High School diploma or equivalent. Must be able to learn and maintain knowledge of pertinent regulations set forth by the Department of Social Services Title 22.|
2. Must be approved by the State Department of Social Services (Criminal Record/Fingerprint/TB Physical Clearances).
3. Must demonstrate the knowledge of and meet the regulations as set forth by the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing, Title 22 and CalOsha requirements.
4. Must meet the eligibility requirements needed to obtain 1st Aide & CPR certifications and Food Handlers Card.
5. Must acknowledge and adhere to all Volunteers of Americaís policies and procedures.
6. Must have ability to assess conditions and situations of individuals requesting emergency services.
7. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
8. Must demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with all residents, family members and monitoring representatives.
9. Must have the ability to comprehend and implement instructions.
10. Must have the ability to make quick and sound judgments in time of crisis.
11. Must have the ability to recognize and evaluate a residentís need for medical attention.
12. Must have ability to display proper telephone etiquette.
13. Must have knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment.