|April 01, 2014 - April 30, 2014|
|Location:||El Centro, CA|
|Benefits:||Benefit package for full time employees|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under the general supervision of the program manager, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the administrative and front office infrastructure for the school. The Administrative Assistant will complete training logs, submit invoices for payment, maintain student attendance records, maintain student information system, as well as supervise the clerical functions of the administrative office.|
|Duties:||1. Adhere to Volunteers of America Policy and Procedures.|
2. Train and assist staff on the use of the computer and automated systems
3. Maintain personnel training log
4. Create correspondence.
5. Maintain personnel records.
6. Record, transcribe, and distribute minute meetings and agendas.
7. Implement systems to increase productivity and effectiveness administratively.
8. Type letters, reports, forms and other finished copies from rough drafts or dictation.
9. Perform reception duties as needed, greet clients, families and the public, and answer and screen incoming telephone calls.
10. File all papers, documents, reports, etc.
11. Make photocopies as required
12. Maintain calendar for Principal.
13. Maintain Student Information Systems
14. Process purchase orders.
15. Maintain student attendance records.
16. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
|Qualifications:||1. Must pass background check for the state of California.|
2. Must possess a valid CA Driverís License, automobile insurance and pass company underwriting for driving approval.
3. Must possess an AA degree in Business from an accredited college or university and 4-7 years of paid work experience.
4. Must be computer literate. Minimum of two years data entry experience.
5. Experience with computerized record keeping process and e-mail and telecommunications.
6. Ability to operate independently.
7. Must possess organizational skills.
8. Must be able to work and develop tasks on Microsoft Word and Excel.
9. Must have skills in personnel management and training.
10. Must have the ability to interact with staff, the public, parents, and students.
11. Must have excellent command of the English language - oral, written and business writing skills.
12. Must have knowledge of and experience with basic bookkeeping procedures in school type setting.
13. Ability to develop and implement systems to increase productivity in the administrative office.
14. Must have in depth knowledge of Ballingtonís policy and procedures.
15. Must have skills to work and input data into the CALPADS and Genesis school systems.
16. Must be bi-lingual (Spanish-English)
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.