Counselor Supervisor-Corrections A&D Treatment
|October 21, 2013 - June 30, 2014|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Benefits:||Benefits for Full Time employees|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Must have a BS/BA Degree in a social service field and experienc or an LSCW. CADAC certification preferred or the ability to obtain. Applicants that do not meet this qualification will not be considered.|
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Counseling Supervisor will be responsible for the efficient functioning of all aspects of the casework process for a residential correctional alcohol and drug treatment facility. The Counseling Supervisor will approve treatment methodology and monitor treatment strategy. The Counselor Supervisor will supervise counselors and program staff.
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
* Manage consistently with the Philosophy, Mission, Goals and Values of the Volunteers of America.
* Supervise Counselors and other program staff as directed by the Program Manager.
* Monitor and assist in facilitating individual counseling sessions and large and small groups.
* Develop, approve, and monitor operations of all program services.
* Develop procedures to track and monitor all client activities.
* Conduct all clinical quality improvement sessions, training, and staff meetings.
* Supervise documentation, accuracy in program records, quality improvement, of all case files, including all program staff.
* Provide information, presentations and outreach to the community as needed.
* Adhere, enforce and continuously train staff in Volunteers of America Policies and Procedures.
* Enforce all Program Safety Policies and Procedures and insure that residents, staff and program facility are safe at all times.
* Maintain a good rapport, respect and communication with law enforcement or court officials, agency visitors, and community service agencies.
Maintain case records to assure clinical quality improvement to insure contract compliance and meet local and state licensing and certification standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned y the Program Manager.
|Qualifications:||* Minimum of CADAC I certification but would prefer CADAC II or M-RAS or RAS II.|
* Bachelor of Arts degree in Behavioral Science or related field and the equivalent of 2 years of full-time experience supervising counselors in a treatment program preferred.
* Must have a thorough knowledge of the federal confidentiality regulations and the ability to teach staff these regulations.
* Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
* Must have the ability and experience in facilitating and supervising support groups and making educational presentations.
* Valid California Drivers License.
* Must obtain a TB/Physical (w/in 7 days) of employment.
* Must obtain CPR/1st Aide (w/in 3 months) of employment.
* Must be free from formal probation/parole status for minimum of (5) years.
* Must have (5) years continuous sobriety if recovering.
* Must have a working knowledge of the organization and program Policies and Procedures.
* Must have the ability to provide for the care and supervision clients at all times.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.