|June 12, 2013 - March 31, 2014|
|Location:||National City, CA|
|Benefits:||Dental and Vision|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Renaissance Treatment Center|
|Description:||If you are interested in inspiring hope through service and providing individuals and families with the tools to improve their quality of life, than Volunteers of America is the place for you!|
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Monitor keeps track of the activities of the clients in and out of the center; the safety and security of the building and its residents and ensures the normal operation of the Centerís activities.
This is a part-time position. Sunday-Tuesday, 11pm-930am
|Duties:||1. Adhere to Volunteers of America Policy and Procedures.|
2. Address unusual resident behavior and write up appropriate reports.
3. Handle first aid needs of residents or refer to appropriate outside sources.
4. Monitor the cleanliness and maintenance of the facility.
5. Conduct searches of residents and their rooms for contraband and observe production of urine samples.
6. Maintain, up-to-date: the resident logs, sign in/out board, office logs, staff information log, daily log and other logs pertinent to shift.
7. Maintain program progress of each individual resident in his case file.
8. Train new staff members and observe and assist them with work performance as needed.
9. Refer residents to appropriate community resources.
10. Inspect resident rooms and common area assignments for cleanliness and maintenance.
11. Maintain safety and security of the residents and center via documented population counts and regular walk through observations.
12. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
|Qualifications:||1. A high school diploma or G.E.D. and 0-3 years of relevant work experience.|
2. Ability to make appropriate decisions within the framework of the facility policy and procedures.
3. Knowledge of the Emergency Medical System.
4. Knowledge of County Health and VOA Sanitation Regulations.
5. Must possess the knowledge of appropriate search and seizure and urinalysis testing techniques.
6. Ability to secure resident money within the established framework of policy and procedures.
7. Ability to complete all necessary paperwork and maintain facility records and documents appropriate to shift.
8. Must possess ability to work well with and maintain positive relationships with appropriate outside sources.
9. Must possess experience with safety and security measures.