|April 16, 2013 - May 30, 2013|
|Location:||National City, CA|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Renaissance Treatment Center|
|Description:||If you are interested in inspiring hope through service and providing individuals and families with the tools to improve their quality of life, than Volunteers of America is the place for you!|
Under the supervision of the PROGRAM DIRECTOR or designee, provides nursing care, supervises and evaluates general health condition of residential population.
|Duties:||1. Adheres to Facility and Volunteers of America Policies and Procedures.|
2. Supervises and evaluates work performance of nursing personnel assisting in patient care.
3. Periodically assesses total needs of the patient and develops nursing care plans to meet these needs, which include recognition of emotional, social and cultural factors, encouragement of self-respect and self-esteem, guidance toward rational and socially acceptable behavior and implementation of restorative nursing care measures.
4. Maintains acceptable standards of nursing practice.
5. Prepares, administers and charts medications according to the physician’s order.
6. Is responsible for total patient care and assists with direct care as needed.
7. Is responsible for interpretations and execution of the physician’s orders.
8. Makes decisions in emergency situations and practices first aid measures.
|Qualifications:||Must be currently licensed by the State of California with 0-3 years of experience in either care of the aged, chronically ill, restorative nursing or psychiatric nursing. Must demonstrate knowledge of the basic principles of nursing care.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.