|February 25, 2014 - March 31, 2014|
|Location:||National City, CA|
|Benefits:||Medical, dental, vision, life, LTD|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Renaissance Treatment Center|
|Description:||If you are interested in inspiring hope through service and providing individuals and families with the tools to improve their quality of life, than Volunteers of America is the place for you!|
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Resource Specialist will insure compliance with statement of work in the areas of case service plans, stress control, victim awareness and computer supported education. Develops agreements with local businesses, maintain a listing of referrals, provide skilled counseling with residents and provides job referrals.
Full-Time position, Tuesday-Saturday 1pm-9:30pm
|Duties:||1. Conducts initial orientation of new residents and issues program identification cards. Meet on a one-on-one basis with residents upon their arrival to program to develop program plan.|
2. Oversees the job seeking efforts of clients, making and reviewing job search contacts, establishing priorities, coordinating activities and resolving related problems.
3. Provides assistance in accessing needed services for the physical, mental, social, spiritual, legal and financial needs for each resident.
4. Gives general vocational, academic, social and personal counseling to residents Develops and implements educational and counseling programs for residents.
5. Conducts group job search sessions for residents.
6. Maintains residentís case files records and correspondence related to work.
7. Conducts initial and weekly job verification.
8. Provides assistance to residents in searching for employment and completing job applications.
9. All other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
|Qualifications:||Associateís Degree with 3-5 years experience in a correctional setting, with some experience in vocational guidance or employment services, and:|
1. Ability to operate independently under minimal supervision.
2. Excellent organizational skills.
3. Ability to interact effectively with program participants, parole department, personnel, local educational institution personnel, local businesses and program staff.
4. Ability to counsel clientele effectively.
5. Must possess a valid California driverís license.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.