For more than 118 years Volunteers of America has been the charity to step forward and help the most vulnerable in communities across the United States. Volunteers of America, Southwest inspires hope through its ministry of service by providing individuals and families with the tools they need to improve their quality of life. We operate twenty- eight human service programs in the areas of education and social development of young children, treatment and rehabilitation, housing, veterans and aging services. Each year, more than 13,000 lives are changed through our services.
Job Opportunities (2 positions):
The Case Manager will perform evidence based case management responsibilities including assessment, service coordination, treatment plans, and home visits. General tasks will include typing, filing, and photocopying, answering, screening and documenting incoming telephone calls and data entry as well as training and supervising. This position is responsible for assisting generating accurate daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for all homeless programs; will conduct client informational meetings as well as educational workshops; maintain and update the Informational Bulletin Board. Assumes delegated responsibilities for Program Supervisor, as directed.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
1. Adhere to Volunteers of America and Program/Facility Policy and Procedures. Demonstratively support Volunteers of America philosophies, policies and goals and have a measurable impact on improving program quality and outcomes.
2. Cooperate successfully as a member of the Treatment and Rehabilitation Services Team in planning, developing, and evaluating service delivery outcomes.
3. Meet all contractual requirements pertaining to case management for clients; ensure consistent compliance with governing agencies expectations regarding all client services.
4. Utilize best practices when providing weekly case management sessions, including but limited to: Critical Time Intervention Case Management, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused, Strength-Based, and Client-Centered Techniques
5. Supervise, train, and delegate tasks to Case Aides, Interns, Employment and Resource Specialist, and Intake and Outreach Worker
6. Supervise and delegate tasks for intake and follow-up processes and ensure screenings, waiting list, data entry, data reporting, and follow-ups are conducted properly and accurately to meet program and contract requirements.
7. Foster professionalism and promote a professional program image within the Volunteers of America programs and the community.
8. Communicate effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback on the quality of services to Program Director.
9. Analyze data reports and recommend changes to meet contract requirements.
10. Determine eligibility and termination of clients.
11. Assist in conducting internal audits and inspections to meet contract compliance.
12. Assist with completion of claims as needed.
13. Provide evidenced based case management sessions with all homeless clients.
14. Provide home visits with off-site homeless clients.
15. Attend community meetings and network with other agencies in the community
16. Ensure compliance of all clients to Program Policies and Procedures, and Safety Program requirements.
17. Conduct client informational meetings and educational workshops as required.
18. Type letters, reports, forms and other finished copies.
19. Perform office upkeep duties as needed, including organizing of the office areas to maintain compliance.
20. Maintain and enforce strict confidentiality at all times in communications.
21. Maintain a professional and positive relationship with clients, families and the public
22. Responsible for the delegation of filing papers, documents, and reports in alphabetical or numerical order as appropriate.
23. Maintain compliance for all client records.
24. Update clients progress records promptly.
25. Update intake and shelter forms as needed.
26. Assist coworkers as necessary. Promote team building and collaborate continuously within the program and with the community agencies that serve our clients. Maintain positive and supportive relationships with community agencies and represent Volunteers of America and its programs.
27. Accept constructive criticism and demonstrate a willingness to change and continually improve programmatic services and related outcomes.
28. All other duties as assigned by the Program Director
29. Physical requirements as described in attachment.
Bachelorís degree in Social Work, Behavioral Health, or other Social Services related field, a minimum of three years experience in a related position, in addition:
1. Must be computer literate, using word processing software, and spreadsheet software, with ability to type and complete data entry.
2. Skilled in professional telephone techniques.
3. Ability to operate independently under minimal supervision.
4. Knowledge and experience in providing evidence based case management
5. Must have knowledge of and ability to develop and work effectively with community resources and Social Service agencies
6. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally both orally and in writing
7. Knowledge of and ability to follow professional ethics, confidentiality, and boundaries with clients
8. Must possess organizational skills.
9. Proficient in proper client file documentation and maintenance.
10. Must demonstrate competency for meeting contract compliance and outcomes.
11. Ability to supervise, train, and delegate tasks to employees and interns.
12. Must have ability to interact with facility staff, the public and program participants.
13. Must possess a valid California Driverís License.
14. Must obtain TB/Physical (w/in 7 Days) of employment.
15. Must obtain CPR/1st Aide (w/in 3 months) of employment, and maintain it during entire employment
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.