Program Director, Treatment and Rehabilitation Services
|December 07, 2012 - August 31, 2013|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under the general supervision of the Division Director, the Program Director will be responsible for overall management and administration of the Mental Health, Homeless and Veteran Services programs and operations of each facility. Will also ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in accordance with the Department of Social Services, California Code of Regulations, Title 22, CAL OSHA requirements as well as any City, County, State or Federal funded programs as well as with Volunteers of America’s Policies and Procedures.|
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
|Duties:||1. Have knowledge of and implement Volunteers of America’s safety policies and procedures.|
2. Knowledgeable of laws and regulations affecting program services and general administration.
3. Responsible for reporting and submitting incident reports relating to residents and/or staff when needed to Division Director and the Property & Safety Coordinator as appropriate.
4. Manage all staff and fiscal matters affecting program services and general administration.
5. Direct the development and operations of all program services.
6. Direct the overall supervision of program supervisors, staff and residents.
7. Consult with professionals in the field of Social Services in regard to care and placement of residents.
8. Ensure accuracy and completeness of staff and resident files and accounting documentation for quality assurance.
9. Responsible for submitting all reports, billings and check requests to the corporate office accounting department in a timely manner.
10. Responsible for the cashing and record keeping of all monies.
11. Responsible for petty cash distribution and record keeping.
12. Responsible for submitting payroll to the corporate office on the 1st and 16th of every month to the accounting department.
13. Responsible for keeping accurate records of time sheets on all staff.
14. Supervise and evaluate Volunteers.
15. Attend seminars, in-services, staff meetings and conferences as needed.
16. Oversee cleanliness and general maintenance of building and grounds.
17. Responsible for ordering and purchasing of all facility supplies.
18. Ensure dietary requirements are met and nutritious meals are prepared in accordance with Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing, Title 22, and food services division.
19. Ensure facilities are properly staffed on a twenty-four (24) hour basis
20. Ensure proper training is made available to all staff to meet the minimal requirements for compliance, with regulatory agencies and Volunteers of America.
21. Ensure Volunteers of America’s Policies and Procedures are implemented and adhered to.
22. Upgrade facilities on a continuing basis to ensure efficient operation of the total program.
23. Solicit unrestricted funds to meet the needs of the facility.
24. Conduct personnel evaluations as required and on an as needed basis.
25. Convene and conduct monthly staff meetings.
26. Actively participate in all related Leadership Team meetings and activities.
27. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Division Director, Chief Operations Officer and/or the Corporate President.
|Qualifications:||Must be at least 23 years of age. Must be of good character and maintain a reputation of personal integrity in the community. Must be a certified administrator as defined by the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division, Title 22. Must have a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience in the field of Social Services and proven ability to relate effectively with staff members. Must possess a valid California driver’s license.|
1. Must be approved by the State Department of Social Services (Criminal
Record/Fingerprint/TB & Physical Clearances).
2. Must demonstrate the knowledge and implementation of State regulations, as set forth by the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division, as well as, CalOsha requirements.
3. Must meet eligibility requirements needed to obtain 1st Aide & CPR certifications and Food Handlers Card.
4. Must acknowledge and adhere to all Volunteers of America’s policies and procedures.
5. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Must be able to access and effectively utilize Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
7. Must be able to demonstrate ability in fiscal and budget management.
8. Must be able to develop administrative plans and procedures to define lines of responsibility, workloads and staff supervision.
9. Must have ability to recruit and train qualified staff as well as recommend employment and termination of staff.
10. Must demonstrate decision making and communication skills needed to advise the Division Director, Chief Operations Officer and/or the Corporate President regarding all areas of the operation of the facility.
11. Must have the ability to provide for the care, supervision and safety of residents.
12. Must have the ability to maintain and supervise facility records to demonstrate adherence to Quality Assurance guidelines.
13. Must be able to work effectively with Social Service and Governmental officials.
14. Must demonstrate competency with contract implementation, compliance and evaluations.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.