Food Service I
|June 01, 2014 - August 31, 2014|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Salary Range:||11.00 per hour|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Hawley Veteran Services Center |
|Description:||Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Food Services I position will order food and supplies, organize and maintain kitchen and dining areas and prepare assigned meals. The Food Services I position will also maintain clean and sanitary conditions in the kitchen and dining room.|
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Days and hours of work: Tuesday through Friday, 10 AM to 6:30 PM
|Duties:||1. Adheres to Volunteers of America Policy and Procedures.|
2. Plans and prepares the monthly menu.
3. Files monthly menus and keeps records in kitchen as required.
4. Prepares meals according to menu.
5. Serves meals and washes dishes as required by schedule.
6. Maintains monthly meal count log.
7. Maintains clean and sanitary conditions in kitchen, dining room, and food pantry and storage areas at all times including deep cleaning of refrigerators, freezers, oven, stove, cabinets, shelves, counters, etc. on a monthly basis
8. Maintains records of proper refrigeration and freezer temperatures.
9. Maintain records of dishwasher sanitizer levels.
10. Supervises residents doing kitchen and dining room cleaning chores as needed.
11. Conduct nutrition groups and cooking classes with clients to educate them on nutrition and healthy eating habits and increase their cooking skills
12. Maintain the vegetable garden and delegate and supervise tasks to clients to assist with the garden
13. Accepts and records deliveries.
14. Update recipes binder as needed.
15. Orders food items and supplies, staying within budget, and keeping appropriate records as required.
16. Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
|Qualifications:||1. High school diploma or GED, and 1-3 years of institutional cooking or other cooking experience.|
2. Must have ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
3. Must have knowledge of health and safety regulations pertaining to food preparation areas.
4. Must be free from communicable diseases.
5. Must obtain food handlers certificate card within 60 days of hire and keep current.
6. Must posses a valid California Driverís License.
7. Must obtain TB/Physical (w/in 7 days) of employment.
8. Must obtain CPR/1st Aide (w/in 3 months) of employment.
9. Must have (3) years of continuous sobriety if recovering.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.