Case Aide (Part-Time)
|December 30, 2013 - January 31, 2014|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Hawley Veteran Services Center |
|Description:||If you are interested in inspiring hope through service and providing individuals and families with the tools to improve their quality of life, than Volunteers of America is the place for you!|
Under direct supervision, the Case Aide will assist in the supervision of all resident activities in compliance to the house rules; perform assigned tasks such as, but not limited to: cleaning, food preparation, medication administration, and maintaining accurate logs and documentation of facility and resident case files. The Case Aide will be responsible for answering multiple phone lines and gathering information from callers. The Case Aide will also be responsible for gathering information, data entry and providing appropriate referrals and/or necessary services as needed to in-house residents as well as callers.
**There are 2 Case Aide positions available**
1. Thursday, Saturday 4pm-12am and Sunday 8am-4pm or 4pm-12am 24-26 hours/week
2. Wednesday-Saturday 12am-8am 32-36 hours/week
Veterans for encouraged to apply!
|Duties:||1. Adhere to Volunteers of America and Program/Facility Policy and Procedures.|
2. Maintain safety, security and cleanliness standards as outlined by Volunteers of America’s policies and procedures.
3. Make hourly rounds of program and document client attendance on roster appropriately to ensure compliance to “House Rules”, Program Policies and Procedures, and Safety Program requirements.
4. Take attendance of clients at curfew and complete warning and violation notices as needed.
5. Supervise client chores and complete warning and violation notices as needed.
6. Perform office upkeep duties as assigned, including the daily cleaning of the Office areas. This includes dusting, filing, sweeping. Ensure client activity areas are neat, clean and orderly and all activities, books and craft material are visually presentable for external inspection.
7. Prepare and serve meals and snacks according to menu, and follow-up with the cleaning of the kitchen and dining room areas to include washing dishes and emptying trash.
8. Report and record any unusual incidents immediately regarding resident behavior, filling out incident reports when necessary.
9. Midnight shift Case aide will be responsible for preparation of sandwiches for following day’s resident lunches and preparing and serving breakfast for all residents and cleaning kitchen and dining room
10. Answer, screen and document all incoming telephone calls.
11. Make appropriate referrals, conduct initial screenings for eligibility, and schedule intake appointments as appropriate and assigned by Case Manager.
12. File all papers, documents, reports in alphabetical or numerical order as requested.
13. Maintain all client records in an orderly and neat manner.
14. Update clients progress records promptly as assigned.
15. Make photocopies as required. Complete client files for initial intake into facility as assigned.
16. Assists coworkers as necessary.
17. Document client observations/incidents in logbook daily.
18. Assist with house meetings, resident activities/groups as needed.
19. Assist with transportation of residents, as needed.
20. Assist with facility laundry as needed.
21. Assist with the deep cleaning of kitchen appliances (to include, but not limited to the refrigerator, stove, oven, freezers, and vent).
22. All other duties as assigned by the Case Manager.
|Qualifications:||1. Experience working with homeless, mentally ill, and/or veterans preferred.|
2. High School diploma or equivalent.
3. Veteran strongly preferred
4. Must acknowledge and adhere to all Volunteers of America’s policies and procedures.
5. Must have ability to assess conditions and situations of individuals requesting emergency services.
6. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
7. Must demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with all residents, family members and monitoring representatives.
8. Must have the ability to comprehend and implement instructions.
9. Must have the ability to make quick and sound judgments in time of crisis.
10. Must have the ability to recognize and evaluate a resident’s need for medical attention.
11. Must have ability to display proper telephone etiquette.
12. Must have knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment.
13. Must meet the eligibility requirements needed to obtain 1st Aide & CPR certifications and Food Handlers Card within 60 day of employment.
14. Must posses a valid California Driver’s License.
15. Must obtain TB/Physical (w/in 7 Days) of employment.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.