Dishwasher/Driver-Sanitation Associate I
|May 15, 2015 - June 30, 2015|
|Location:||National City, CA|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Renaissance Treatment Center|
|Description:||For more than 118 years Volunteers of America has been the charity to step forward and help the most vulnerable in communities across the United States. Volunteers of America, Southwest inspires hope through its ministry of service by providing individuals and families with the tools they need to improve their quality of life. We operate twenty- eight human service programs in the areas of education and social development of young children, treatment and rehabilitation, housing, veterans and aging services. Each year, more than 13,000 lives are changed through our services. Our programs are located in San Diego, Imperial, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.|
Job Opportunity: Under the direct supervision of the Food Service Director or Lead Cook, the Kitchen Sanitation Associate 1 shall be required to execute all kitchen sanitation. The position will assist in food preparation upon request and properly deliver the Renaissance Food Delivery System (RFDS) within department guidelines and procedures.
|Duties:||1. Adheres to Volunteers of America Policies and Procedures.|
2. Communicates with Cooks, Lead Cook, Director regarding menu issues and special needs of clients.
3. Helps maintain First In First Out within the department and adheres to label/dating procedure/policy.
4. Maintains all Renaissance Food Delivery System (RFDS) documents and Hazardous and Critical Control Point (HACCP) as required.
5. Organizes, labels, loads/unloads all items for RFDS. Accountable for Delivery vehicle cleanliness, cambro and related small wares daily cleaning and sanitation.
6. Supervises and assists working with any assigned clients to the kitchen area for sanitation.
7. May be asked to assist with client food delivery services at Renaissance.
8. Provides the hands-on cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen, including sweep, mop, trash and cardboard removal.
9. Performs other duties as required by the Director of Food Services or Lead Cook.
10. May participate in the Infection Control Committee, Safety Committee, and Patient Care Policy Committee.
|Qualifications:||1. A high school diploma and a minimum of one to three (1 to 3) yearsí experience in sanitation of quality food in an institutional, healthcare and/or comparative food delivery system are required, and;|
2. Must have ability to read, write and verbalize in English.
3. Must have the ability to read and comprehend instructions of the Hazardous and Critical Control Point (HACCP) forms, written policies, etc.
4. Must have basic knowledge of health and safety regulations pertaining to food service operations.
5. Has a current CA Driverís Class C license with proven clean driving record. This must be maintained throughout employment. .
6. Must be available for varied shifts, including weekends. Sat-Sun 10-20 hours per week
7. Must be able to lift 50lbs to shoulder height.
8. Must have a current and valid Food Handlerís Card and/or obtain within 30 days of hire.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.