Mental Health Director
|November 18, 2014 - December 30, 2014|
|Location:||El Cajon , CA|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
For more than 118 years Volunteers of America has been the charity to step forward and help the most vulnerable in communities across the United States. Volunteers of America, Southwest inspires hope through its ministry of service by providing individuals and families with the tools they need to improve their quality of life. We operate twenty- eight human service programs in the areas of education and social development of young children, treatment and rehabilitation, housing, veterans and aging services. Each year, more than 13,000 lives are changed through our services. Our programs are located in San Diego, Imperial, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. To learn more visit us online at www.voa-swcal.org.
Under the general supervision of the Division Director, the Mental Health Director will be responsible for overall management and administration of the Mental Health, Homeless and Veteran Services programs and operations of each facility. Will also ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in accordance with the Department of Social Services, California Code of Regulations, Title 22, CAL OSHA requirements as well as any City, County, State or Federal funded programs as well as with Volunteers of America’s Policies and Procedures.
|Duties:||• Have knowledge of and implement Volunteers of America’s safety policies and procedures.|
• Knowledgeable of laws and regulations affecting program services and general administration.
• Responsible for reporting and submitting incident reports relating to residents and/or staff when needed to Division Director and the Property & Safety Coordinator as appropriate.
• Manage all personnel and fiscal matters affecting program services and general administration.
• Direct the development and operations of all program services.
• Direct the overall supervision of program supervisors, staff and residents.
• Consult with professionals in the field of Social Services in regard to care and placement of residents.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of staff and resident files and accounting documentation for quality assurance.
• Responsible for submitting all reports, billings and check requests to the corporate office accounting department in a timely manner.
• Responsible for keeping accurate records of time sheets on all staff and submitting payroll to the corporate accounting department on the 1st and 16th of every month.
• Supervise and evaluate Volunteers.
• Attend seminars, in-services, staff meetings and conferences as needed.
• Oversee cleanliness and general maintenance of building and grounds.
• Responsible for ordering and purchasing of all facility supplies.
• Ensure dietary requirements are met and nutritious meals are prepared in accordance with Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing, Title 22, and food services division.
• Ensure facilities are properly staffed on a twenty-four (24) hour basis
• Ensure proper training is made available to all staff to meet the minimal requirements for compliance, with regulatory agencies and Volunteers of America.
• Ensure Volunteers of America’s Policies and Procedures are implemented and adhered to.
• Upgrade facilities on a continuing basis to ensure efficient operation of the total program.
• Solicit unrestricted funds to meet the needs of the facility.
• Conduct personnel evaluations as required and on an as needed basis.
• Convene and conduct monthly staff meetings.
• Actively participate in all related Leadership Team meetings and activities.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Division Director, Chief Operations Officer and/or the Corporate President.
|Qualifications:||Must be at least 23 years of age. Must be of good character and maintain a reputation of personal integrity in the community. Must be a certified administrator as defined by the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division, Title 22. Must have a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience in the field of Social Services and proven ability to relate effectively with staff members. Must possess a valid California driver’s license.|
• Must be approved by the State Department of Social Services (Criminal
Record/Fingerprint/TB & Physical Clearances).
• Must demonstrate the knowledge and implementation of State regulations, as set forth by the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division, as well as, CalOsha requirements.
• Must meet eligibility requirements needed to obtain 1st Aide & CPR certifications and Food Handlers Card.
• Must acknowledge and adhere to all Volunteers of America’s policies and procedures.
• Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Must be able to access and effectively utilize Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be able to demonstrate ability in fiscal and budget management.
• Must be able to develop administrative plans and procedures to define lines of responsibility, workloads and staff supervision.
• Must have ability to recruit and train qualified staff as well as recommend employment and termination of staff.
• Must demonstrate decision making and communication skills needed to advise the Division Director, Chief Operations Officer and/or the Corporate President regarding all areas of the operation of the facility.
• Must have the ability to provide for the care, supervision and safety of residents.
• Must have the ability to maintain and supervise facility records to demonstrate adherence to Quality Assurance guidelines.
• Must be able to work effectively with Social Service and Governmental officials.
• Must demonstrate competency with contract implementation, compliance and evaluations.
Please Apply online at http://voa-swcal.iapplicants.com/
EOE M/V/D/F This employer participates in E-Verify. Applications are only accepted online. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, you may contact us at (619) 282-8211 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.